3 Year Veteran - 2011, 2012, 2013
Hometown: Sydney, Australia
Occupation: Sports massage therapist
Education: B.A. Health Science, B.A. Chiropractic Science
Hobbies: Eat, sleep, play, dance, repeat.
Dance Background & Experience:
- • Studio dancer at JDance Performance Studio, Sydney for 10 years
- Trained at McDonald College of Performing Arts for two years
- • Manly Sea Eagles "Seabird" Cheerleader: 2003-2011
- Sydney Kings Harlequins Dancer: 2006-2008 and 2010-2011
- Overseas performance contracts in Asia: 2007, 2009 and 2010
Words to live by/favorite quote: “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
Five words that describe you: Ambitious, independent, perfectionist, honest, caring
- Former Player: Troy Aikman
- Movie: The Incredibles
- DFW Area Restaurant: Village Burger Bar
- Article of Clothing: Denim shorts
- Phone App: eBay
- Cartoon Character: Angelica Pickles
- Holiday: Christmas!
- Charity: Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Ice Cream: Mint chocolate chip. Yuuuummmm!
- Junk Food Weakness: Cookies. A cookie sandwich with ice cream is double-delicious goodness.
One thing most people would be surprised to learn is... I am full of random trivia facts. I have a photographic memory for useless knowledge, yet I can’t remember where I park my car when I go shopping :/
Biggest Fear: Drowning!
What would be your superpower?: Teleportation. This would save so much travel time and eliminate DFW traffic!
Most Embarrassing Moment: I live these every day, so it’s difficult to just think of ONE!
Dream Job: Neurosurgeon
Dream Vacation Destination: I have a great passion for traveling. I have two "must do" destinations: 1) Safari in Africa, and 2) outdoor adventures in Brazil.
Why did you decide to audition for the DCC?: The director of my squad in Australia was in awe of the DCC from her years of cheerleading, and sparked the thought of me auditioning. Her coach had also admired the grace and poise of the DCC. Their respect of the organization was passed on to me.
What are some of your DCC highlights?: It truly is an honor to carry on the legacy of the world-famous uniform created by our alumni. Studying in Australia, we never had sororities. Being a part of the squad is like belonging to a true sisterhood of traditions.
Advice for someone who dreams of becoming a DCC: If you can dream it, you can do it!
Recent Articles by Angela
- Getting to Know Angela
- Remembering the Anxiety
- From Down Under to the Big D More Articles by Angela »