5 Year Veteran - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Hometown: Dallas, Texas
Education: Currently working on a degree in Applied Arts & Science with disciplines in Anthropology, Education, Management and Journalism.
Dance Background & Experience: I started dancing at age 3, and continued dancing through high school. I was also a competitive cheerleader since I was young. I was with Cheer Athletics for eight years and with them I was a national champion, and two-time world champion.
Words to live by/favorite quote: “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to be over, its about learning to dance in the rain.”
Five words that describe you: honest, loyal, disciplined, determined, passionate
- Former Player: My favorite former player is Emmitt Smith because he was an amazing athlete and role model on and off the field. I also really like Jay Novacek because he sent my entire family tennis shoes when our house burned down when I was six years old.
- Movie: Elf, Talladega Nights, and Dumb & Dumber
- DFW Area Restaurant: Hillstone, Benihanas, El Fenix
- Article of Clothing: The Used is one of my favorite bands, and I have an old hand-me-down concert t-shirt for them. It is from when my brother was in high school. I have never been able to see them in concert, and they did a show here this year, but we had practice!
- Phone App: Free Cell! It’s a card game similar to solitaire, and I am addicted!
- Cartoon Character: Peter Griffin & Hello Kitty... two WAY different extremes!
- TV Show: Modern Family, The Office, Eastbound & Down
- Holiday: Christmas
- Song Right Now: "Ho Hey" by The Lumineers
- Workout: Dancing
- Meal: My Mom’s fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
- Hidden Talent: Talking with my mouth closed.
- Celebrity Idol: Miranda Lambert & Kristen Wigg
One thing most people would be surpised to learn is...There are a ton of random things that I haven’t done that a lot people think is crazy. I have never driven a golf cart, never seen real snow or been snow skiing, or tasted mushrooms or olives.
Dream Job: Honestly, my dream “job” would be a stay-at-home mom! I’ve also always loved the video aspect of journalism, like video-editing and anything that has to do with film.
Dream Vacation Destination: Fiji
Why did you decide to audition for the DCC?: My mom was a DCC, and I grew up loving everything about the organization.
What are some of your DCC highlights?: Besides cheering on the sidelines during games, the three USO tours I was blessed to be a part of have been my most memorable experiences here.
Advice for someone who dreams of becoming a DCC: It isn’t all about the best dancers. I’m not the most technical dancer by any means, and I’ve been here for 5 years and learned so much from the other girls. Just get into dance classes anywhere and learn the basics. The most important thing you can do is show your personality and smile!
- 2011 & 2012 Group Leader
- 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 Show Group
- 69th, 72nd, 73rd & 75th USO Tours
Recent Articles by Cassie
- Thank You Notes
- Packing Up
- Kicking Up the Rehab
- If I Only Knew Then…
- In My Fiancé’s Eyes More Articles by Cassie »