Rookie - 2012
Hometown: Abilene, TX
Education: Not yet finished!
Dance Background & Experience: I danced and taught dance at a small studio in Abilene.
Words to live by/favorite quote: “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m Possible’” – Audrey Hepburn
Five words that describe you: Passionate, Outgoing, Independent, Compassionate, Sarcastic
- Former Player: Troy Aikman
- Movie: Pride and Prejudice
- DFW Area Restaurant: Chipotle. I just love how many Chipotles there are around here! Where I am from, the closest Chipotle is 3 hours away! I love Chipotle…
- Article of Clothing: Denim shorts
- Phone App: Yelp! (I’m still learning about the hot spots of Dallas!)
- Cartoon Character: Princess Belle
- TV Show: The Office
- Holiday: Christmas
One thing most people would be surprised to learn is... I am borderline diabetic, so I have never been able to eat sugar. I love sugar-free treats though!
Dream Job: Wedding Planner; I’m a hopeless romantic.
Dream Vacation Destination: A secluded beach. Shark-free would be a nice perk.
Why did you decide to audition for the DCC?: I love what they do to give back to the community. When my dad was stationed overseas, the DCC performed for him and his troops. Hearing how encouraged he was by that made me decide that I would be a DCC someday, no matter what it took.
What are some of your DCC highlights?: I love the way that DCC gives back to the community. It makes me proud to be a part of this organization.
Advice for someone who dreams of becoming a DCC: Work hard and do not listen to people who tell you it’s impossible. This dream is one of the greatest ones to have. Go for it!