Rookie - 2012
Hometown: Long Island, New York
Occupation: Dance Teacher and Zumba Fitness Instructor
Education: Liberal Arts & Sciences
Dance Background & Experience: 18 years dance training in tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, hip-hop, and contemporary. 10 years of competitive experience with a dance studio and 4 years competing with my high school Varsity dance team. More recently, I’ve danced 3 seasons with the NFL as a New York Jets Flight Crew Cheerleader.
Words to live by/favorite quote: “True failure is when you stop trying.”
Five words that describe you: Genuine, Optimistic, Driven, Compassionate, Funny.
- Former Player: Emmitt Smith, not only does he hold the NFL record for career rushing yards, but he also is a Dancing with the Stars Champ! Pretty Impressive!
- Movie: Dirty Dancing will always be one of my favorites, it’s a classic!
- DFW Area Restaurant: I’m still learning the DFW area but I absolutely love Mi Cocina!
- Article of Clothing: A cute pair of heels is always my favorite accessory.
- Phone App: Shazam is by far my favorite app! Whenever I hear a song on the radio that I don’t know, Shazam listens to it and then tells me the title and artist!
- Cartoon Character: Stewie Griffin
- TV Show: Family Guy
- Holiday: : Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it’s always at my house and my entire family comes over while my Dad prepares the most amazing meal! There’s nothing better than great food and family!
- Song Right Now: "Where Have You Been" by Rihanna
- Workout: Zumba
- Meal: Anything my Dad cooks…he is the BEST!
- Hidden Talent: I make the best grilled cheese sandwich!
- Celebrity Idol: Adele
One thing most people would be surpised to learn is...People who are around me all the time know this, but those who aren’t might not know that I am the biggest klutz in the world! I can’t get through a day without tripping, knocking things over, or banging into something! I somehow manage to pull off being a graceful dancer on the field, but continue to be a spaz in everyday life!
Dream Job: I love working with children and I love to dance so my dream job would be to open my own dance studio.
Dream Vacation Destination: Anywhere tropical!
Why did you decide to audition for the DCC?: I decided to audition for DCC because I wanted to try something totally new! DCC has been around for years and not only has a prestigious reputation, but a uniform that is recognized around the world! It was an honor to even be considered throughout the audition process.
What are some of your DCC highlights?: My favorite part about being a DCC is being a positive role model for girls of all ages and showing them that your biggest goals and dreams are achievable!
Advice for someone who dreams of becoming a DCC: I would say never give up on your dreams, no matter what. The only person standing in your way, is you! Surround yourself with people who support you and will genuinely be happy for your success.