4 Year Veteran - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Occupation: Sales Associate
Education: Bachelors of Arts in Theatre and Dance
Dance Background & Experience: My mom was a dancer, so I grew up in the dance world. I was on a dance team in high school, and a part of the Texas Pom Squad for all four years of college. Post graduation I moved to New York and continued my career as an assistant choreographer to Broadway Choreographer Lisa Shriver.
Words to live by/favorite quote: “If the sky that we look upon, should tumble and fall. And the mountains should crumble to the sea. I won’t cry, I won’t cry, no I won’t shed a tear, just as long as you stand, stand by me.” –Ben E. King
Five words that describe you: Outgoing, Energetic, Fashionista, Caring, Thoughtful
- Former Player: Roger Staubach
- Movie: Remember the Titans, The Sandlot, Ever After, Love Actually.
- DFW Area Restaurant: Anything in the Bishop Arts area. I have yet to try a restaurant down there that wasn’t amazing.
- Article of Clothing: Shoes. I mean I have literally a wall of shoes. I just can’t help it.
- Phone App: Instagram. I can stay awake for HOURS looking at everyone’s photos. From celebrity’s to fashion bloggers to the New Yorker, everyone has something going on.
- Cartoon Character: Scooby Doo
- TV Show: Criminal Minds, all the CSI, Law and Order, pretty much anything that involves the law and a good mystery.
- Holiday: New Years! Everyone in the world no matter race or religion celebrates this one exciting day to start anew!
- Charity: Salvation Army! This past spring a few of us got the chance to team up with SA and volunteer in West, TX. Not only is the Salvation Army doing the most good, I love that it is faith based and driven.
- Junk Food Weakness: Cheez-its. If we are traveling anywhere I ALWAYS have a box of cheez-it’s in my bag.
One thing most people would be surprised to learn is... I am a pretty decent basketball player.
What would be your superpower?: Seeing the future.
Dream Job: Acting on Criminal Minds. I wouldn’t mind being a series regular!
Dream Vacation Destination: Australia! It has beaches so that’s a plus, and it is the home to all my favorite fashion bloggers, so of course id want to go spy on them ha!
Why did you decide to audition for the DCC?: After I moved home to Texas, I realized I wasn’t finished performing! DCC auditions were coming up and I decided to give it a shot. Not only am I able to continue my passion, but I gained a great group of friends along the way!
What are some of your DCC highlights?: I tell people all the time, when in uniform, we become Superman! Being able to give back to the community, visit hospitals, visit veterans is what truly makes this job amazing. I love the charity work that I think many people forget we do, it’s the best part of being a DCC!
Advice for someone who dreams of becoming a DCC: Never give up on your dreams!
- 2013 Group Leader
- 2012 & 2013 Show Group
- 75th USO Tour