6 Year Veteran - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Hometown: McAllen, Texas
Occupation: Fashion Designer/Co-Host on Talkin' Cowboys with Mickey Spagnola, Bryan Broaddus, and Rowan Kavner
Dance Background & Experience: I started dancing classical ballet when I was 3 years old and fell in love with it instantly. I was also a gymnast. I still take and teach ballet.
Words to live by/favorite quote: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!”
Five words that describe you: Adventurous, hard-working, loving, light-hearted, and imaginative.
- Former Player: I love Tom Landry. His life quotes are motivating!
- Movie: In Time
- DFW Area Restaurant: Crú has the best steamed mussels! Ascension Coffee in the Design District is another favorite of mine.
- Article of Clothing: My favorite article of clothing is a Pleasure Doing Business strapless dress that I can wear anytime and anywhere.
- Phone App: I’m always using WhatsApp to talk with my friends overseas and/or my family when I am out of the country.
- Cartoon Character: Johnny Bravo will always be my favorite cartoon character because he brings back childhood memories—he’s a father-daughter favorite!
- TV Show: DCC Making the Team, of course.
- Holiday: Easter
- Charity: The Salvation Army
- Ice Cream: Right now I am obsessed with wedding cake ice cream….actually gelato. It’s so sweet!
- Junk Food Weakness: Chocolate is my weakness; especially with hazelnut—like Ferrero Rocher chocolates, Toblerones, hazelnut coffee, and Nutella.
One thing most people would be surprised to learn is... I'm not really a big city girl. My dream is to live in a small town that has historic structures, old homes that have been restored, cute shops and restaurants, rustic décor, etc. I also really love the color yellow. I only eat the yellow Starbursts and Sour Patch Kids!
Biggest Fear: Aliens!
What would be your superpower?: I wish I could transport in the blink of an eye to anywhere and at any time.
Most Embarrassing Moment: When I was flying out to South Korea this year on an American Airlines tour, I wore a fun dress to the airport that had a tie. After going through security, the bottom of my dress flipped up and got stuck in the tie at my waist. Let’s just say everyone at the airport got a view as I walked to my gate.
Dream Job: I’ve always wanted to be a morning talk show host.
Dream Vacation Destination: Venice, Italy
Why did you decide to audition for the DCC?: In 2008, I was approached at a dance competition in Dallas after my solo performance. With a passion for performing and helping others, and coming from a hometown and family of Dallas Cowboys fans, I knew that I wanted to be one of America's Sweethearts.
What's your most memorable game moment?: My first game as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader was my most memorable game. It was everything I thought it would be and more! From the pregame dance, to the player introductions, to dancing on the sidelines in my group, I felt as if I had to pinch myself every second to remind myself that it was real! I didn’t think my smile could have gotten any bigger, but it did!
What are some of your DCC highlights?: While I love performing at games and other events, it’s the USO tours overseas, the hospital and nursing home visits, and the charity events that mean the most to me
Advice for someone who dreams of becoming a DCC: Of course, stretch and take plenty of dance/performance classes, but most importantly, be yourself.
- 2012 & 2013 Group Leader
- 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Show Group
- 72nd, 73rd & 75th USO Tours
Recent Articles by Sydney
- Daddy-Daughter Dance: Sydney
- Gameday Sheet: Game 7
- Mailbag – 11/15
- Gameday Sheet: Game 5
- Gameday Sheet: Game 4 More Articles by Sydney »